Travel with intention
We’ve implemented policies in our global corporate offices to do our part to contribute to the UN’s Sustainability Development Goals (SDGs). Below is a snapshot of some of the commitments we are undertaking within our corporate strategy:
- We will measure and reduce carbon emissions across our global offices by 50% by 2025.
- We will be carbon neutral in our own operations by 2025 as we work towards Net Zero carbon by 2040.
- We will support our community of hotels to take the next steps with a comprehensive online resource on mySLH.com raising awareness and providing training resources and certification guidance.
- We will incorporate ESG standards into our supply chain management strategy to align our contractual relationships with our commitments, and curate a network of verified partners and suppliers for members.
- We will support local environmental and community-based projects through 50 volunteer days per year and charitable donations.
- We will champion diversity, inclusion and equality at every level and undertake due diligence relating to hotel members, partners, and direct and indirect supply chains.
- We will reflect our diverse locations, membership and global clientele through representative marketing, communications and partnership programmes that provide an equal voice to everyone.
- We will convene an internal considerate council within SLH to drive and build the evolution and implementation of our sustainability programme. We will also form a sustainability advisory panel for The Considerate Collection.
- We are a proud member of the Global Sustainable Tourism Council (GSTC) and will share and uphold the GSTC Criteria, which is the global standard for sustainable travel and tourism.
- All new hotel members must adopt the SLH Sustainability Management System by Greenview. This portal is the only online sustainability management system designed specifically for hotels. It enables SLH and hotels to collect sustainability data, track performance and progress and, report activities in a transparent way.
- We are committed to being a driving force for change in our industry by:
- Pledging our support to The Future of Tourism Coalition
- Declaring a climate emergency in support of Tourism Declares