Global Events Manager
Small Luxury Hotels of the World™ is seeking a highly-motivated individual as part of the global sales and marketing team responsible for the planning, design, production, promotion, overall co-ordination and profitability of all events worldwide.
The brand enjoys an excellent position in the global luxury travel market and this role requires a good understanding of travel- and lifestyle industries. The ideal candidate will have a strong event planning background (min. 3 years) and excellent communication and presentation skills.
The Global Events Manager will be responsible for the following initiatives:
Organisation in entirety for all the events as a corporate throughout the EMEA, APAC and The Americas, adhering to company standards and guidelines for, amongst others, road shows, showcases (in all formats), Lunch/Dine & Learn, preferred partner showcases, day-to-day trade events, travel management companies’ private client events and trade fairs.
In preparation for the events, you will liaise with the market responsible sales / marketing manager and, at times, use the same for venue inspections. Travel for inspections might be necessary.
The Events Manager will work closely with the VP Sales EMEA, Marketing and Partnerships, Sales Directors and Managers.
Some events must be attended in person and others will be attended by the sales manager(s) and director(s) in the given market.
- Manage the entire process and relationships with hotels throughout the journey from assisting in preparing the sales events calendar, uploading it on to MySLH, hoteliers signing up via MySLH, manual ad-hoc events, acknowledging receipt, confirming events whilst liaising closely with the sales market manager where the event takes placed
- Worldwide project management from concept through to completion: successful implementation of small meetings to large cocktail receptions, - sometimes with tight time scales
- Manage many events running concurrently focusing on each project adhering to deadlines and budgets
- Day to day administration in running the events department using the set tools and developing new ones
- Evaluation and forecast: market overview / intelligence / new relevant shows and events
- Negotiating: procurement / manage suppliers
- Manage each supplier and ensure full event set-up is prepared for, to be complete, or complete, ready for both hoteliers and trade relations (buyers, media, partners)
- Before, during and after the event, liaise closely with member hoteliers at all levels, at every stage of the event from initial bulletin through to managing each person at the actual event (if present). In case you are not present, delegate responsibilities to the responsible market manager
- Budget: direct responsibility for each event budget
- Space allocation and stand design (working close with the sales and marketing team)
- Insure all legal, health and safety obligations are adhered to
- Develop excellent data base of and working relationship with suppliers including caterers, florists, set design and builders, artists, entertainment bookers, printing- and design agencies and so forth
- Network and set up partnerships for sponsorship and joint marketing with like-minded luxury and lifestyle brands in collaboration with the Marketing & Partnerships
- Send detailed post-event evaluation to each participating hotel and manage feedback accordingly
Vice President of Sales, EMEA
Will work closely with Directors of Sales in EMEA, APAC and the Americas (East- and West Coast) and Marketing and Partnerships
REQUIRED QUALIFICATOINS AND EXPERIENCES
- Experienced event manager with minimum 3 years’ experience preferably in the luxury hospitality and lifestyle industry or luxury segment
- Fluent in English, preferably with 1 or 2 additional languages (Spanish, French, or Italian)
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and should be comfortable liaising with hotel owners, general managers and high-end clients
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Creative and enthusiastic with a willingness to share new ideas
- Must be flexible with working hours to ensure completion of projects and sometimes work flexible hours to accommodate colleagues and partners in APAC and AMER
- Based in Victoria, London
- Some international travel (sometimes incl. Sat/Sun)
Should email a CV and a paragraph telling us why you’re the person for the job to: Vice President of Sales, EMEA: firstname.lastname@example.org.
As soon as possible
Small Luxury Hotels of the World™ (SLH) matches independently minded guests with independently spirited hotels. The diverse collection of over 520 hotels in more than 80 countries around the world includes everything from cutting edge design hotels and city centre sanctuaries to historic country mansions and remote private islands – all SLH hotels are consistently different, however, they are all united by the fact that they offer the best locations, highest quality, personalised service and a truly authentic way to discover a destination.
We turned the luxury boutique hotel into a phenomenon back in 1990 and since then we’ve gone to every major capital, taken the path less travelled and journeyed to the edge of the map to seek out and select the distinctive, the diverse and the downright delightful.