Our Sustainability Commitments
A considerate corporation
We’ve implemented policies in our global corporate offices to do our part to contribute to the UN’s Sustainability Development Goals (SDGs). Below is a snapshot of some of the commitments we are undertaking within our corporate strategy:
- We are a proud member of the Global Sustainable Tourism Council (GSTC) and we share and uphold the GSTC Criteria, which is the global standard for sustainable travel and tourism.
- We are supporting our community of hotels to improve their sustainability efforts with comprehensive online resources and webinars aligned with GSTC criteria.
- All new Considerate Collection hotel members must adopt the SLH Sustainability Management System by Greenview. This portal is the only online sustainability management system designed specifically for hotels. It enables SLH and hotels to collect sustainability data, track performance and progress and, report activities in a transparent way.
- We are embedding restoration into our business through our partnership with TreeSisters. Each SLH room night booked and stayed using an SLH INVITED member rate includes a donation to plant up to three trees with TreeSisters.
- We are supporting local environmental and community-based projects through 50 volunteer days per year and charitable donations.
- We champion diversity, inclusion and equality at every level and undertake due diligence relating to hotel members, partners, and direct and indirect supply chains.
- We reflect our diverse locations, membership and global clientele through representative marketing, communications and partnership programmes that provide an equal voice to everyone.
- We’re declaring a climate emergency in support of Tourism Declares which involves the following:
- We publicly accept the current IPCC advice stating the need to cut global emissions to 55% below 2017 levels by 2030 to keep the planet within 1.5 degrees of global warming.
- We are developing a Climate Action Plan, which sets out our intentions to reduce carbon footprint by 2030.
- We commit to publicly communicating our plan and progress here on our website.
- We are encouraging our community to make the same declaration and we are sharing best practice by providing resources.
- We advocate for change and recognise the need for a system change across the industry to accelerate a just transition towards carbon-free tourism