TERMS AND CONDITIONS - BEST RATE PROMISE
Small Luxury Hotels of the World™ offers the best room rate for our hotels. For a claim to be valid under the Best Rate Promise, it must satisfy all the terms and conditions below and be submitted in compliance with procedures listed below. Additionally, the general terms and conditions of SLH will apply.
- You must have a confirmed reservation, made on slh.com or via our Voice Reservation Team.
- The claim must be received within 24 hours of the original booking and at least three working days (Monday-Friday) before your arrival.
- To verify the lower rate on another site, you are required to take a screen shot with all the website information and third party advertiser's details. This includes a publicly available rate for the same room type, number of guests, dates, duration and with matching cancellation policies. The total should be in the same currency, including all taxes. No promotional code should be inserted to display the lower rate. Once verified, we will revise your booking.
- SLH will not accept screenshots that cannot be independently confirmed or that are deemed fraudulent by staff. This is at the company's sole discretion.
- There must be a minimum of GBP/EUR/USD 5.00 difference between the rates.
- Rate disparities that can be attributed to currency exchange rates/fluctuations are excluded.
- SLH is not responsible for any fees or other costs incurred when cancelling a non-SLH reservation.
- The lower rate must be available at the time SLH validates the claim, or the claim will not be valid.
- Claims must include the lower rate screen shot and exact link (URL) to where the rate can be confirmed.
- The Best Rate Promise claims cannot be guaranteed when the SLH hotel has no direct contract with the third party booking system, as the rate cannot be officially confirmed.The claim can only be guaranteed when the hotel has a direct contract with the third party booking system with pre-approved rates.
- For multiple night stays, the Best Rate Promise programme will compare the total room cost of the stay as booked at the slh.com rate with the total room cost of the stay booked on a competing rate. This will be treated as one claim for one stay.
- SLH reserves the right to discontinue or modify the Best Rate Promise programme, or to restrict its availability at any time, for any reason, and without prior notice or liability. The terms that are in effect at the time of reservation will determine your eligibility.
THE PROGRAMME DOES NOT APPLY TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Opaque sites selling "secret" hotels, where the specific hotel is not known until the booking is made.
- When the reservation is made within 3 working days (Monday to Friday) of arrival.
- Websites where you need to join to see the rates available.
- If you book using special membership rates, frequent stayer rates or loyalty points or special promotions made available through the accommodation provider.
- Direct website offers that require a special discount code to display the lower rate.
- ID-required negotiated corporate rates; rates offered on membership programme websites; rewards programme; consolidator or interline prices; prices obtained via auction or similar process; or prices available only by using a promotion not offered to the general public.
- Rates sold as part of a travel package including, but not limited to, accommodation plus airfare and/or car hire and/or cruise.